SAMARTH CENTER BASED SERVICE FOR CHILDREN WITH AUTISM,MENTAL RETARDATION AND MULTIPLE DISABILITIES
SAMARTH Home was started in collaboration with National Trust under Department of Social Justice and Empowerment of the Govt of India to provide services to children and
adults with severe disabilities (Mental retardation, Cerebral palsy, Autism & Multiple disabilities) who were orphans/semi orphans/ and children of aged parents.
All inmates in SAMARTH-PARTHO HOME are from the rural area only. There are 32 persons under its care now. There are 200 inmates with severe disability who have been benefited [including long term and respite care]since its inception.
- To provide permanent care for abandoned and destitute persons with disabilities.
- To provide support and protection to persons whose family support is gradually diminishing.
- To provide services to persons with disability whose family members are not able to pay for good quality services .
- To provide services to senior citizens with disability.
- To create opportunities for family members to get respite time in order to fulfill other responsibilities.
- To provide rehabilitation & relief to persons with disability whose families are unable or unwilling to support them any longer.
- Totally 200 children and adults with special needs have enjoyed benefits of this project as part of both respite and long term care.
- As part of long term care 32 members have been benefitted.
- 12 beneficiaries have undergone inclusive education up to the Secondary level [i.e. they have studied and passed], Mr.Munikrishna with multiple disability completed ITI technical training and is working in a village development project as VRW.
- 7 members recovered from epilepsy. 6 members have reduced attacks of epilepsy.
- The general health and hygiene of the children have improved.
- Activities of daily living skills are being performed independently by 143 members with due training.
- 8 of the aged parents got relief by admitting their children to Samarth home.
- 15 members have taken vocational training and are working outside.
- Domestic work is being done by 10 individuals.
- 4 athletes got gold medals in the Asia Pacific Disabled Olympics.
- Beds in the residential care facility we have for children with severe disabilities.
- Kitchen items