COMMUNITY BASED REHABILITATION PROGRAM FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
CBR program is implemented in 4 districts-i.e. Doddaballapur in Bangalore Rural district, Alanda Taluk in Gulbarga , Gowribidnur of Chikkaballapur district and Koratagere of Tumkur district with the support of CBM, CBR Forum and MIBLOU with about 8500 PwDs.
- 1250 children with disabilities are enrolled in regular schools.
- 733 school teachers have been trained in disability related subjects.
- GASS has built a good rapport with the Education Department.
- Financial linkages with banks have been facilitated and a loan amount of Rs.9,45000 has been received.
- 1670 Persons with disability have been involved in self employment.
- In 150 villages street plays have been enacted to prevent disability.
- 1323 number of PwDs in our project are got married.
- Groups for PwDs are formed at village level [260 in number], the block level [7 in number] and at the Taluk level [3 in number].
- 3 Taluk level federations got registered.
- Capacity building of DPOs regarding UNCRPD, Disability Act and RTI Act, DPO formation, leadership and communication has been facilitated.
- Support for corrective surgery/aids and appliances/therapy materials.
- Accessible Study materials for PwDs [Braille materials, Sign Language materials, etc], books, uniforms , school bags, scholarships etc.
- Financial support to DPOs for income generation activities.
- TDPO – Taluk Disabled Persons Organizations need infrastructure, furniture, financial support etc to be independent.