HELPING THE CHILDREN VIA PHONE CALL AND SOLVING THEIR PROBLEM
On 2015 Child-Line project was initiated by GASS as a Child-Line Sub-Centre in collaboration with CHILDLINE INDIA FOUNDATION.
The 1098 child helpline works 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
Its intention is to protect children who are being exploited and reach out to any child in difficulty at any point in time.
- 12 cases of children with one or more of the above mentioned problems who contacted us via telephone number 1098 have been reached out to.
- Awareness programs have been conducted for 200 children.
- Conducted International Anti-Child Labour Day during which our procession went all around the town.
- We require additional funds for all of the above mentioned activities.
- We require vehicles to rescue children in the night.
- Infrastructure for short stay protection home.
- Educational support in the form of books, bags etc for orphans.
- Volunteers for documentation of the work with children.
- Furniture for children to use.
- Immediate responses to 1098 Child Line phone call.
- Creating awareness regarding children’s rights and rights protection.
- Collaborating and networking with the government and non-government organizations in the context of trafficked children, abused children, child labour, new law 2012 [POCSO].
- Referring children to the CWC – Child Welfare Committee.
- We re-enrol school drop outs into schools.
- We free children who work as child labourers.