Grameena Abudaya Seva Samasthe Bangalore Rural District CHILD LINE NUMBER – 1098 ”Children who are in need of care and Protection”
One of the significant programmes of GASS is the Childline Helpline which renders help and support to children in distress 24/7. Through the Helpline we reach out to children in Doddaballapur Taluk who face exploitation, neglect or harassment. During the year 126 cases have been dealt directly by GASS. These include rescue and repatriation of children, providing emergency medical help and shelter, counselling and rejoining with their families wherever possible.
- We require additional funds for all of the above mentioned activities.
- We require vehicles to rescue children in the night.
- Infrastructure for short stay protection home.
- Educational support in the form of books, bags etc for orphans.
- Volunteers for documentation of the work with children.
- Furniture for children to use.
- Immediate responses to 1098 Child Line phone call.
- Creating awareness regarding children’s rights and rights protection.
- Collaborating and networking with the government and non-government organizations in the context of trafficked children, abused children, child labour, new law 2012 [POCSO].
- Referring children to the CWC – Child Welfare Committee.
- We re-enrol school drop outs into schools.
- We free children who work as child labourers.
OUT REACH Child line outreach provides the information about the child within the community. Child outreach helps to identify children who needs help.
OPEN HOUSE PROGRAM Child team conducts open house program in vulnerable areas mainly government schools of doddaballapur taluk, where children can raise their issues like toilet facility, drinking water facility, play grounds, Bus facility, hygienic maintenance, where issues are solved by the officials/ political leaders and monthly monitoring and regular follow-ups are done by child line team in the school.