We work in 500 villages [mention the total population we work with] of the four most backward districts of Karnataka. Mention each district name and hyperlink it with the population i.e. 2011 census of Chikballapur district and also that of the other 4 districts.
Grameena Abyudaya Seva Samsthe (GASS) is working in Doddaballapur Taluk, Bangalore rural district, Koratagere Taluk, Tumkur district and Gowribidnur Taluk, Chikkaballapur district, Alanda Taluk Gulbarga District with about 8500 persons with various disabilities (Including mental illness).Geographical coverage area’s are following
- Bengaluru Rural
- Chikkaba Ilapur
What We Do
- Community based rehabilitation and development for the people with disabilities [health, education, livelihood, social participation and empowerment].
- Promoting the empowerment of women through community based organization and socioeconomic development, legal aid and counselling, women’s helpline [counselling, preventing violence, abuse etc], microfinance and skills training.
- Child Line [rescue and rehabilitation and sheltered homes for the trafficked children, midday meal scheme, institutional care for the children with intellectual, multiple and severe disabilities].
- Organizing health camps for the elders and people with mental health issues and other chronic illnesses.
- Organizing capacity building and awareness education for preventive and promotive health and other kinds of social development.
- Collaborating with resource institutions and facilitating referral services.
We Work With
- Children [children with disabilities including severe disabilities, school going children and street children] – provide them with Samarth pictures.
- Women in distress
- Persons with disabilities
- Senior citizens
- People with mental health issues
- People living with HIV/AIDS
- Adolescent Girls
- People with Diabetes
- Tribal Groups
We believe in community participation in decision making. We work for community based inclusive development. We practice a bottom-up approach. We encourage collaboration and networking. We promote community based organizations including disabled people’s organizations. We promote innovation and low cost but high quality solutions. We enhance the knowledge and skills of the clients for sustainable development.