Grameena Abyudaya Seva Samsthe (GASS) is a voluntary organization that was established in 1996.The organization is a development oriented, non-profit organization initiated with a definite vision of serving the marginalized and it currently works in 462 villages of Karnataka. Mobile health Clinic to serve the underserved population in that area which has total population of 8887 in whci male constitutes 4637 , female 4191 , and children 51
The Objectives of the initiatives were as follows:
- To provide basic healthcare facilities and basic investigation.
- Immunization service to children’s
- To Help reduce out of pocket expenditure of the people especially poor and downtrodden and avid loss of daily wages.
- Information, Education, Communication (IEC) Health awareness creation like nutrition, sanitation and good health practises and all nation programs and communicable diseases and non-communicable diseases like Cardio Vascular Diseases, obesity, cancer etc.
- Referral services and follow- up