SDPO – STATE LEVEL DISABLED PEOPLE’S ORGANIZATIONS
AIM – To mainstream all the persons with disabilities and empower them to fight for their rights and lead quality lives in the community.
OBJECTIVES OF THE SDPO
- To build a network of PwDs
- To build leadership qualities and skills of DPO leaders.
- To share experiences and case stories of different states in tapping government resources.
- To create awareness on the situation of PwDs across the country.
- To prepare PwDs to take affirmative action.
- To prepare PwDs to take their movement forward.
- To prepare PwDs to be contributing citizens.
Finally SDPO core committee has been formed, regional level workshops are completed and national level selection of leaders is in process.
Basavraj has to scan and put the paper cuttings of Kannada Newspapers Regarding our organization.
|S.No||Type of DPO||Place||No of DPOs||Total members|
|1||Village level DPOs||Gowribidanur||46||644|
|2||Block level DPOs||Gowribidanur||3||60|
|3||Taluk level DPO||Gowribidanur||1||60|
|4||Village level DPOs||Doddaballapur||10||160|
|5||Taluk level DPO||Doddaballapur||1||30|
|6||Village level DPOs||Koratagere||25||375|
|6||Taluk level DPO||Koratagere||1||30|
|7||Village level DPOs||Gulbarga||28||392|